23 February, 2009

Laughable Quote of the Day

President Barack Obama (D-USA)

said he is determined to "get exploding deficits under control" and said his budget request is "sober in its assessments, honest in its accounting, and lays out in detail my strategy for investing in what we need, cutting what we don't, and restoring fiscal discipline."

Restoring fiscal discipline? Who’s he kidding? I’m sorry, Mr. President. That ship has sailed.

Of course, he has a brilliant plan to do it, too:

Obama also seeks to increase tax collections, mainly by making good on his promise to eliminate some of the temporary tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2003. While the budget would keep the breaks that benefit middle-income families, it would eliminate them for wealthy taxpayers, defined as families earning more than $250,000 a year. Those tax breaks would be permitted to expire on schedule in 2011. That means the top tax rate would rise from 35 percent to 39.6 percent, the tax on capital gains would jump to 20 percent from 15 percent for wealthy filers and the tax on estates worth more than $3.5 million would be maintained at the current rate of 45 percent.

As Ed Morrissey at Hot Air aptly puts it:

Those who do not read history are doomed to repeat it.  And those who repeat failed policies of the past are doomed to failure themselves, and the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

He’s already passed a non-stimulus stimulus package and now he wants to raise taxes in the middle of a recession. I thought this man was supposed to be smart? That’s what the press keeps telling us.

Raising taxes in the middle of a recession is beyond dumb.  It’s practically criminal. I said before that I thought Obama would almost certainly win a second term. I’m not so sure anymore. I have already completely lost faith in him. If there was a grade lower than ‘F’, he’d have it.

I said in my last post that he’s making me yearn for the days of George W. Bush. It’s worse than that. He’s making me yearn for the days of William Jefferson Clinton.

Actually, I suppose I can’t give him an ‘F’. He does still have 33 terror free days under his belt. Now why do I get the feeling I’m going to be resetting that counter before the end of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment