29 September, 2010

Thank You, Nancy Pelosi

Just when I was thinking I wouldn’t have anything to blog about today.

You adjourned the House.

You adjourned the House without even attempting your one Constitutionally mandated duty, that of passing a budget. Yes, I know it’s not the first time the House failed to pass a budget. Yet it is the first time that you didn’t even try. You didn’t even create a budget bill. What were you doing all year?

You adjourned the House without voting to extend the Bush tax cuts. Unless something unforeseen occurs, the largest tax hike in American history will go into effect on January 1. I’ve checked and it’s going to cost my family about $4,000. My daughters thank you.

You adjourned the House early because so many Democrats are in trouble in their districts. You wanted to give them time to go home and campaign. Campaigning is now more important to you and your Democrat cohorts than actually doing your job.

Thank you, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA-08) for reminding me once again, why it’s so important that I get out and vote on November 2nd.

34 days and nights until the great flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment